Friday, May 22, 2009

Intermediate: Single-Leg Opposite-Arm Reach

single-leg opposite-arm reach
Chris Fanning

Intermediate: Single-Leg Opposite-Arm Reach

Targets: Abs, glutes, quads, and hamstrings

  • Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, abs engaged, left hand on hip.
  • Lift left knee up to 90 degrees in front of you. Lean forward slightly as you reach right arm in front of you and push left foot behind you.
  • Hold for 1 count. Pull both back in. Do 12 reps.
  • Switch sides; repeat.

2 comments:

Steven Serba said...

I love visiting your site! This exercise didn't seem like it would do much till I tried it. Thanks Melissa!!

Melissa said...

Dear Steven,
I am so happy that you are visiting my site and commenting! You are my biggest fan! I'm glad that you found it more difficult than it looked.